Mandatory all patients MUST attend a free informational seminar – We hold anywhere from 10 to 15 seminars a month throughout the state of Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Nevada. Each seminar runs anywhere from 1 to 1 ½ hours depending on questions.
After attending the seminar, you will need to register online.
Directions For Registering Online:
- Go to https://slrmcregistration.pattrax.com
- Please enter your email address as the username and your password will be slrmc and press Login. If your email is not in our system, you will click Register as a new Patient. Please only do this if your email address is not in our system. If your email is in our system, you will have less data to fill out.
- Once you are in the system, please click on the patient information tab to review your demographics and add more data as needed. After you have completed this, then go to the profile tab to complete your health history.
- Once you've entered all of your data, please click on the SAVE button at the bottom of the profile tab. It is very important that you press SAVE, otherwise we will not receive your information.
- You will see a confirmation notice at the top of the website after you've pressed save. We will contact you when the registration information is processed by our clinic and the doctors have had time to review your health history. This health history must be complete before we are able to move forward. To give you the best care, and to obtain your insurance approval, we must have complete answers; PLEASE be thorough and complete the registration to the best of your ability.
Once registered, someone from the Surgical Weight Loss Center of Utah will call you to schedule your initial consultation. At the initial consultation you will spend time with the physician, exercise physiologist, dietician, psychologist as well as the insurance specialist. Usually this first visit will take about 2 ½ hours.
We will continue to work and communicate with you until you are ready for surgery. Once given clearance from the insurance company and clinical clearance, we will call to schedule the surgery and set up a pre-op appointment with the physician. The pre-op appointment is usually set up about 10 to 15 days prior to surgery and will fall on a Wednesday or Thursday at 3:00 pm.
All surgeries are scheduled on a Monday or Tuesday. A clear liquid diet with protein shakes is required one week prior to surgery. This diet will be discussed at the pre-op appointment if not addressed sooner.
The process can take anywhere from 2 months up to 6 months depending on criteria of insurance carrier. Some insurance carriers require a 3 month/6 month supervised diet prior to approving weight loss surgery.
For additional questions, please call our office at 801 746-2885