Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has been caring for the people of the Salt Lake Valley for more than a century. Built in 1875, it was one of the first hospitals in the Salt Lake Valley. The Sisters of the Holy Cross were the original owners and they continued to operate the hospital until 1994. Their work has left a lasting legacy of service and commitment for all who work at Salt Lake Regional today.
Over the years, Salt Lake Regional has undergone renovations and additions shaping it into the world-class facility it is today. Currently, the 200-bed hospital encompasses 316,000 square-feet of medical facilities. Additionally, there are three medical office buildings on campus.
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has established itself as a leader in quality healthcare services, including specialties in cardiology, orthopedics, neurology, maternity and women's services, men's health, rehabilitation, geriatric medicine and mental health services for seniors, sports medicine, oncology, emergency care and bariatric services.
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is the first facility in the state to invest in new technology for fighting cancer. This new technology includes the daVinci robotic surgery system. More than 500 physicians serve on the hospital's medical staff and more than 600 employees share in the hospital's efforts to provide expert medical care and excellent customer service.