About Our Hospital
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has been caring for the people of the Salt Lake Valley for more than a century. Built in 1875, it was one of the first hospitals in the Salt Lake Valley. The Sisters of the Holy Cross were the original owners and they continued to operate the hospital until 1994. Their work has left a lasting legacy of service and commitment for all who work at Salt Lake Regional today.
Over the years, Salt Lake Regional has undergone renovations and additions shaping it into the world-class facility it is today. Currently, the 158-bed hospital encompasses 316,000 square-feet of medical facilities. Additionally, there are three medical office buildings on campus.
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has established itself as a leader in quality healthcare services, including specialties in cardiology, orthopedics, neurology, maternity and women’s services, men’s health, rehabilitation, geriatric medicine and mental health services for seniors, sports medicine, oncology, emergency care and bariatric services.
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is the first facility in the state to invest in new technology for fighting cancer. This new technology includes the daVinci robotic surgery system. More than 500 physicians serve on the hospital’s medical staff and more than 700 employees share in the hospital’s efforts to provide expert medical care and excellent customer service.
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring Salt Lake Regional always has been known for.
- Emergency Medicine – 16-bed emergency department providing medical care for major emergencies and a fast track for less serious cases.
- Heart Care – Comprehensive heart care including cardiac catheterization and heart surgery.
- Cancer Care – Offering brachytherapy and radiation oncology.
- Women’s Health – Caring for all stages of a woman’s life, including maternity care with labor and delivery suites, postpartum care, a Level II nursery, a breast health center and mid-to-late life gynecological surgery.
- Men’s Health – Innovative treatments for urological problems and prostate cancer including brachytherapy and daVinci robotic technology.
- Diagnostic Imaging – Advanced imaging technology including 64-slice CT Scanner, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Digital Mammography, Ultrasound and Bone Densitometry.
- Rehabilitation Services – 16-bed inpatient unit and outpatient services including physical, occupational and speech therapies.
- Senior Services – Senior Clinic with geriatric medicine trained physicians, Seniors program for adults 55-plus and a Senior Adult Behavioral Health Unit.
- Specialized centers of care for:
- Behavioral Health
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- IV Infusion Therapy
- Joint Replacement
- Men’s Health (urology)
- Orthopedics/Sports Medicine
- Pain Management
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery
- Senior Services
- Sleep Disorders Clinic
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Women’s Health